WHBC’S COVID Updates
Updated: August 2021
This is your location to find out the official news from Walnut Hills Baptist Church regarding COVID.
Because Walnut Hills Baptist is a multi-generational church–with members and attendees ranging from very young to experienced–we feel an obligation to you and our community to take every precaution possible. We are grateful to maintain community as we continue to experience worship, educational classes, programs and meetings in-person and virtually, thanks to technology platforms.
We are currently worshiping in-person and virtually each Sunday morning at 10:30 AM.
Virginia Commonwealth and CDC guidelines require non-vaccinated individuals to wear masks for in-person worship attendance. Masks must be properly worn covering both mouth and nose. Mask are available for non-vaccinated individuals.
As of July 27th, the CDC has issued the following new recommendations for fully vaccinated people:
1. to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
2. individuals might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission, particularly if they are immunocompromised or at increased risk of severe disease from COVID-19, or if they have someone in their household who is immunocompromised, at increased risk of severe disease or not fully vaccinated.
3. those who have a known exposure to someone with suspected of confirmed COVID-19 to be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and to wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
For those who are more comfortable worshiping from home, we are live streaming on several platforms and also by telephone. You may access the live stream or find the telephone instructions by clicking on the links below.
All ministries and weekly activities will be offered on a week by week basis. Please check the website for schedules, call the church office or click on the link below.
Adult Bible Study, Sunday School, Discipleship Classes, Committee Meetings & Other Small Groups
Adult Bible Study classes are meeting both in-person and virtual. Youth and Children’s Sunday School classes are also meeting in-person. Most Discipleship Classes are on summer break. Other church groups mentioned above are utilizing technology to connect remotely on a regular basis, a few are meeting in person and some are meeting in person and virtual, hybrid. Please contact your group leader or the church office for more information. If you need to schedule a meeting at the church, contact the church office.
Be sure to visit our Social Media account for the church and Learning Center.
. In-Person Worship Guidelines:.
- All individuals who have been fully-vaccinated will no longer be required to wear masks during worship. But as of July 27th, the CDC has issued new recommendations for fully vaccinated people. Please see the “Worship” paragraph at the top of this page for specific details.
- Non-vaccinated individuals will still be required to wear a mask for worship attendance. Masks must be properly worn covering both the mouth and nose. Masks are available for non-vaccinated individuals.
- On Communion Sundays, self-serve elements will be available at each entrance. After use, please place the cup in the pew rack.
- Our church continues to thoroughly clean and disinfect our worship venue following each use.