Updated: April 2021
The landscape surrounding COVID is changing constantly these days. This is your location to find out the official news from Walnut Hills Baptist Church as we navigate the impact of this virus here in Virginia.
Bookmark this page for the latest updates related to COVID as it impacts our WHBC community.
Because Walnut Hills Baptist is a multi-generational church–with members and attendees ranging from very young to experienced–we feel an obligation to you and our community to take every precaution possible. We are grateful to maintain community as we continue to experience worship, educational classes, programs and meetings in-person and virtually, thanks to technology platforms.
We encourage you to join together in prayer and faith as we face this unprecedented challenge as a family of believers. We recognize God’s sovereignty in situations we cannot understand; we believe that God will prevail in all circumstances, and that God and His church will be magnified.
We are currently worshipping in-person and virtually each Sunday morning at 10:30 AM. If you plan to join us in-person, things will be a little different as you may expect.
Because of Virginia Commonwealth guidelines, we have limited capacity and reservations are required. Please refer to “In-Person Worship Guidelines” below.
For those who are more comfortable worshiping from home, we are live streaming on several platforms and also by telephone. You may access the live stream or find the telephone instructions by clicking on the links below.
All ministries and weekly activities will be offered on a week by week basis. Please check the website for schedules, call the church office or click on the link below.
We are blessed to have a faithful family here at WHBC that includes outstanding medical professionals. In conjunction with a Safety/Security/Medical team, we evaluate our activities week by week to ensure the safety and health of all people who visit our facility.
Adult Bible Study, Sunday School, Discipleship Classes, Committee Meetings & Other Small Groups
Currently most of the above mentioned church groups are utilizing technology to connect remotely on a regular basis, though a few are meeting in person. Please contact your group leader or the church office for more information. If you need to schedule a meeting at the church, contact the church office.
Be sure to visit our Social Media account for the church and Learning Center.
- Reservations are required and will be taken by the office manager by phone (757-220-5900) or email email@example.com up until 5:00pm each Wednesday prior to Sunday.
- Each participant, couple or family will indicate in which section they prefer to sit from the following nine (9) sections: organ side – front, middle, or rear; center section – front, middle, or rear; or piano side – front, middle, or rear.
- Doors will be propped open at 10:00 AM and will be closed at 10:45 AM for touch-less entering.
- Participant’s temperature will be checked at each entrance. All who enter must have a temperature below 100.4.
- Participants will enter the sanctuary by following directional signage, find their reserved seat and be seated, while maintaining safe distancing.
- All worship participants must wear masks that cover the nose and mouth. Masks are available for those arriving without them.
- Offering plates will be placed at each inside entrance.
- On Communion Sundays, self-serve elements will be available at each entrance. After use, please place the cup in the pew rack.
- Doors will be propped open at the conclusion of worship for touch-less exiting.
- At the conclusion of worship, the ushers will guide participants to exits by row starting in the front.